Saturday, July 11, 2009

Follow Up To Transocean (RIG)



On July 9th I presented a technical chart of Transocean (RIG), calling it a technical buy. On a follow up to that it is also a fundamental buy as well, lets examine the numbers:

Market Value of $22.14B, well under it's Enterprise Value of $33.69B; Trailing P/E 5.55 / Forward P/E 5.65; PEG an amazing 0.27; Price to Book 1.21; $4.40 cash per share; OCF $4.92B & LFCF $1.88B. Improving Balance Sheet ...link

On July 10th, the day after I posted my comments/charts on RIG, CNBC's Fast Money "Stock of the Day" ~ Joe Terranova recommended putting Transocean on your radar.
....Both the technicals and fundamentals look strong in this name, he explains. It’s holding the 200-day moving average. Also they’re reducing costs and raising cash. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a buy-back.

My charts indicated entering RIG in the $66/$68 range, it closed 7/10 @ $69.03 & in after-hours trading was $69.35.













No comments: